Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Reading E's



  You might enjoy an "Eyewitness Book" by DK Publishing
for the letter "E". Actually you could probably find one of
 these oversize non-fiction books for any letter of the alphabet
from "A-W" because there are "Eyewitness Books" on Africa,
animals, baseball, boats, castles, cowboys, dinosaurs, earth,
elephants, flags, gorillas, horses, insects, jungle, knights, light,
moon, music, Nascar!, ocean, Olympics, pirates, pyramids,
robots, rocks, sharks, shells, trains, trees, universe, volcanoes,
weather, and  the Wild West.

Of course, you could also read a book about elephants like
Babar, or Elmer the colorful elephant or my favorite
elephant family in "Five Minutes Peace" by Jill Murphy.

You could read a book about eggs or Easter . . .
or a book by Ed Emberley or a book by
 my favorite "E" artist and author, Lois Ehlert.

You might like a book about Encyclopedia Brown,
Eloise, or "Ella Enchanted" by Gail Carson Levine.
And I suppose you could even read an E-book on  your electronic device.

But I think you might like reading a book I bought
once upon a time when I was 12 years old! In
fact I still own my copy of "101 Elephant Jokes".
You're welcome to read it the next time you visit.
In the meantime . . . Why do elephants have trunks?
Come read my book and find out!
Love, Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment