Wednesday, February 15, 2012

XOXO is for Hugs and Kisses

February is a good time for hugs and kisses

X's and O's are useful for more than playing tic-tac-toe. Did you see XOXO's on any candy or valentine cards you received yesterday. Then you probably already know XOXO means hugs and kisses. Valentine's Day may be over, but I still wanted to send you a hug and a kiss. My hug to you is in the form of one of my favorite photos and this poem by Shel Silverstein: I will not






play at tug o'war
I'd rather play at hug o' war,
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses,
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins.
As for the kiss . . . you must read one of my favorite books called "Sloppy Kisses" by Elizabeth Winthrop especially if you think kissing is yukky!

Happy XOXO to you all!
Love, Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment