Monday, January 18, 2010

Bb is for more Books

"Oh, What A Busy Day" may have been the first picture book we owned, but not the last. It was so cute, I started collecting more picture books . . . first for our family, then for my little preschool . . . and now for my grandboys (and myself). Here are a few favorite ABC books:


Aa is for A to Z Picture Book by Gyo Fujikawa
Bb is for Alpha Bugs . . . a pop-up alphabet by Carter
Cc is for The Care Bears' Book of ABC's by Peggy Kahn
Dd is for ABC Disney . . . an alphabet pop-up by Sabuda




Ee is for Eating the Alphabet by Lois Ehlert
Ff is for Alphabite! A funny feast from A to Z by Charles Reasoner
and Fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words by Jane O'Connor


Gg is for the girl gardeners in Alizon's Zinnia by Lobel
Hh is for The Hullabaloo ABC by Beverly Cleary
Ii is for It beings with an A by Stephanie Calmenson
and an "I Spy" kind of book called Alphabet Book by DK Publishing


Jj is for the jack-in-the-box cover of Alphabatics by Suse MacDonald
Kk is for kisses in Little Angels' Alphabet of Love by Anglund
Ll is for Lucy & Tom's a.b.c. by Hughes


Mm is for Mary Engelbreit's A Merry Little Christmas
and On Market Street by Arnold and Anita Lobel
and The Monster Book of ABC Sounds by Alan Snow

Nn is for the nails used in Albert's Alphabet by Leslie Tryon
and Alphabet Under Construction by Denise Fleming
Oo is for Oscar-the-Grouch's Alphabet of Trash


Pp is for Shiver Me Letters: a Pirate ABC by June Sobel
and 26 Princesses by Dave Horowitz
and In a Pumpkin Shell: a Mother Goose abc by Joan Walsh Anglund
Qq is for quilts featured in Eight Hands Round: A Patchwork Alphabetby Ann Whitford Paul
Rr is for Read Anything Good Lately? Susan Allen and Jane Lindaman


Ss is for Miss Spider's ABC by David Kirk
Tt is for Toot & Puddles ABC by Holly Hobbie
Uu is for ABC's of Uniforms and Outfits by Barbara William
Vv is for vacation books like
Journey Around Washginton, D.C. from A to Z by Martha Day Zschock
and M is for Mount Rushmore: A South Dakota Alphabet by Anderson







Ww is for Who's in the Box, Bobby? by Pat Paris
Xx is for the missing "x" in Alphabet Mystery by Wood

Yy is for A You're Adorable . . . a song illustrated by Martha Alexander
Zz is for Alphabeep: a Zipping, Zooming ABC by Debora Pearson






What is your favorite book(s)?
Make a little list in your alpha-book . . . and tell me, too!
You just might be the winner of the first fabulous prize
awarded on this blog!
Happy booking! Love, Grandma

6 comments:

  1. I forgot about A to Z Picture Book by Gyo Fujikawa--I loved that book! Any guess where one can get a copy of it? Let's see...Jack's favorite books change constantly but right now he likes a book called Color Crunch that he got for Christmas. He used to be obsessed with the "How Do Dinosaurs..." series by Jane Yolen. He also loves the Mars Needs Moms! book you gave me for Mother's day. And for some strange reason he insists on getting a book about Halloween every time we go to the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! I just came across your blog, and noticed my sister's book Journey Around Washington DC on your list! I'll be sure to tell her, she'll be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post! Brody loves the "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" series of books. Zach is loving the Roald Dahl books you gave him for Christmas, "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" and any books like involve food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love picture books too, and love adding more to my collection, so I can't think of just my favorites because they are all adorable. Eddy's favorites include the Dinosaur Books by Jane Yolen, Hey Pancakes!, and the Little Critter books, I love reading those to him because I remember them from when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Jack! You're the winner of the very first fabulous prize from Grandma's Alpha-Blog. I'm sorry to say it's not the A to Z Picture Book by Gyo Fujikawa because that is currently out of print. However, it is still fabulous, and should arrive in your mailbox in the next few days. Congratulations to Brody and Eddy, too. I have surprises for you, also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, Zach. I didn't mean to leave you out, but I haven't forgotten the reading rewards I've offered you for every Road Dahl book you finish! Just let me know what and when!

    ReplyDelete