Friday, December 10, 2010

Ll is for Lullaby

A lullaby is a soft song mothers sing to soothe their babies and help them fall asleep. The primary "Children's Songbook" has a sweet Christmas lullaby called "Oh, Hush Thee, My Baby" (which I am sure your mommies would be happy to play and sing to you). It goes:

Oh, hush thee, my baby; a story I'll tell,
How little Lord Jesus on earth came to dwell;
How in a far country, 'way over the sea,
Was born a wee baby, my dear one, like thee."

It doesn't seem like a list of Christmas picture books would be complete without including a couple books about baby Jesus, whose birthday we celebrate at Christmastime.

Try "B is for Bethlehem" . . .
"The Manger Where Jesus Lay" . . .
or the boardbook, "One Baby Jesus"
for a bedtime story tonight. And don't forget the lullaby afterwards.

Merry little two weeks before Christmas Eve!
Love, Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment